Position Title: Warehouse Specialist
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Regular Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Primary Job Duties
Responsible for the accurate receipt of parts & inventory from suppliers; ensures the completion of loading & unloading supplier shipments. Lead responsibility for the accurate storage of inventory / parts received from suppliers in an effective manner, ensures skids are stored on Warehouse shelving units in correct location. Responsible for monthly inventory count on all child parts located in the Warehouse. He/she must have a complete understanding of the facility’s storage plan and methods and perform the prescribed duties in accordance with them. These duties refer to stacking or storing materials, inventorying and examining them, then reporting to the supervisor any deterioration of the materials. This position calls for team spirit, administrative, management skills, and strong communication skills as well.
Serves as a back-up to the Warehouse Supervisor in his/her absence; they will be required to be a backup to the following positions, Shipping Specialist and Material Handlers, in cases of need.
Responsible for following company approved safety program; identifies all applicable requirements of a safety plan. Serves as support on building maintenance related issues, including minor repairs to plant, property & equipment, completes projects as requested; coordinates with outside vendors for pickup of materials such as pallets, obsolete equipment, etc.
Performs other duties as requested / required by the Operations Manager or the Warehouse Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time
- Able to work with little supervision & direction
- Forklift certified and proficient; able to climb on and off the forklift multiple times daily
- Proficient in the use of a computer and calculator
- Able to create, modify, read, comprehend, and reconcile word documents, excel spreadsheets, material orders, invoices & inventory reports
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction
- Outstanding communication skills
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- This is an hourly position and is subject to the overtime rate of 1.5 times the base hourly wage for any hours over 40 per week.
- Position may require evening, holiday or weekend work depending on customer requirements or UCO Industries requirements.
Probationary Period: 90 days
- Working conditions may exist that are not such that normally exist in the occupation of Warehouse Specialist. These conditions may include exposure to blood borne pathogens, communicable disease, potentially infectious materials and/or aggressive behavior.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org